Workplace Safety and Loss Prevention Consulting
The New York State Department of Labor is responsible and ensuring compliance with the Workplace Safety & Loss Prevention Rule 59. The New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board is responsible for notifying businesses of their need to comply.
If you’ve received a letter from the New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board informing you that you Experience Modification is over 1.20 and you are required to have a Workplace Safety & Loss Prevention Inspection we can help. Our goal is to help you comply with the requirements, while positioning your company to improve productivity through safety.
Complying with Code 59 rules can require a significant investment of time. Let our experience help you comply.
Three (3) Separate Notifications
- Notice that an inspection has been scheduled by the insured
- A copy of an evaluation report and a letter outlining how remediation will be achieved from the insured
- Re-inspection report from the insurance company
CR 59 Penalty for Non-Compliance
- Penalty will be applied upon renewal of Workers Compensation policy
- Increase will continue (5%) each year until approved compliance
- 30 days to arrange inspection by consultant
- 10 days to inform DOL
- 75 days to complete report and consultation
- 30 days to report to DOL
- 6 months to implement recommendations
- 60 days to re-inspection by insurance company
- 45 days re-inspection to DOL
We will assist you and your staff with all compliance notices and inspection requirements so you can focus on your business.